Sorry for my long absence. Really, I am. A lot has been going on:
- I lost Talbot in late April. He was hit by a car, and I felt so bad about his death, that I really couldn’t write about it then.
- I went to the US Esperanto Congress in St. Louis and had a wonderful time, and made some new friends.
- I visited my Dad, and helped initiate him into the world of the Internet, the Mac and the iPhone. In turn, he gave me an iPhone, and taught me a bit about riding motorcycles.
- I’ve begun a new approach, (yes, again!) to my weight-loss goals. I’m using The Gabriel Method and I Can Make You Thin together, listening to both CDs daily. This is quite a bit different from any other approach I’ve tried, as the focus is on re-training appetite itself and getting the body to want to be thin, shifting the burden from the conscious mind to the subconscious. If you like, you can follow my progress on my reviews at Amazon.com.
- I haven’t actually been completely silent on the interWebs. I twitter. If you’d like to follow me, I’m frimmin on Twitter. (Big surprise, huh?) However, don’t expect very exciting tweets from me. I mostly use it as a public IM with friends.
- I’ve taken up geocaching. It’s cool that the information age is giving birth to some new hobbies that take you outdoors.
- After 3½ years of spiritually floundering, I’m discovering a renewed sense of purpose. More about that in my next post.